Is this considered a misbar Regal?

blazeby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had her/him for 3 years - eating all the nori and frozen food I can feed it!
999C0012.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes- This is a Misbar version, Its considered misbar when the quality of the imperfect barring pattern of regal angelfish ranges from small imperfections in its stripes, to stripes that branch across other bars, and at least one individual has been documented with almost no bars in the center of the body. Ironic as in the case of yours is this aberrant striped regal angelfish generally have a normal pattern on their other side, which is still beautiful on its own!

OP
OP
blazeby

blazeby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes- This is a Misbar version, Its considered misbar when the quality of the imperfect barring pattern of regal angelfish ranges from small imperfections in its stripes, to stripes that branch across other bars, and at least one individual has been documented with almost no bars in the center of the body. Ironic as in the case of yours is this aberrant striped regal angelfish generally have a normal pattern on their other side, which is still beautiful on its own!
Thanks - I really appreciate the insight!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back