Is this Coraline or something else starting to form?

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is slightly older than yours, maybe a month and a half, and looks similar. I don’t have any purples like you do but I started with dry rock. I’m rooting for you because I’d like to see coralline start soon in my tank!
This is what I’ve got going on with ambient light and no Radions.

53ec93725340c654bf8987988eb6c822.jpg
9cae61c61657fd6fee2918f06af59a8d.jpg
Wow looks very similar to mine!! Did you try the toothbrush ? Even my turbo snails can’t remove it lol. Do you only have dry rock? No live rock at all?

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow looks very similar to mine!! Did you try the toothbrush ? Even my turbo snails can’t remove it lol. Do you only have dry rock? No live rock at all?

I haven’t actually tried a toothbrush, but you can see my astrea snail on there not making a dent. It’s not filamentous anywhere either.

I started my tank with dry rock from my old tank (been out of the hobby for a few years) that I cultured in a Rubbermaid trash can with some Dr Tim’s, then added to my tank. Live rock in my old tanks came with the good, but also sometimes the bad, so I’m hoping to limit pests this way.

Since then, I’ve gotten a pair of clowns, a small clean up crew and few zoa frags and the hammer in the picture to seed the tank with coralline, but I’m going to get some purple helix to speed it along. (How I stumbled on this thread).

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back