Is this coralline algae??

Cjsanders757

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
290
Reaction score
2
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pink purplish spot growing I know that's coralline. What about the green spots??
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1385923192.306101.jpg
 
Hard to tell but looks like it may be on the rocks. Make sure you are using rodi water and test for nitrates and phoshates. Avoid overfeeding and that will also help get rid of the green algae.
 
I have a pink purplish spot growing I know that's coralline. What about the green spots??
You're right about the pink purple spots. However, the green on your rocks is not coralline algae. It appears to be hair algae. That's where the advice Mike007 comes into play.

Perhaps the others didn't read your question after the thread title.
 
Forget the coralline... looks like you have a lot of green hair algae. You need to get your nutrient levels under control. And get some livestock that likes to forage on algae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new