Is this flashing?

I spend quite a lot of time staring at my tank, so I’ll notice any spots or changes in habit :D
 
I lost a brunneus fairy wrasse to prazi resistant flukes a few months ago. It went through two rounds of prazi but was still scratching/flashing. Sent pics to humblefish who verified flukes. I was able to save the crescent fairy though that was in qt with it.
 
By doing hypo for a week or two. Don't remember how long humblefish told me to do it for lol
 
How did you end up realizing it was flukes? FW dip?
 
Yes. All I had was a small, black, cereal bowl. Worked well enough to see a bunch of tiny white dots. I sent him the pics and started lowering salinity that afternoon. Sadly, the brunneus didn't make it but I was able to save the crescent.
 
So I’ve observed her a fair amount over the past few days. It seems like she only does this behavior shortly after she picks at the rockwork and then filters out a bit of the sand through her gills. I’ve noticed the behavior once or twice since then and it’s always been associated with her sifting sand through the gills! Hopefully that’s all that causes her flashing.
 
Great news! Glad that's all it is.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new