Is this going to grow

ZeroShadez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i dont understand how to place an encrusting coral thats on a plug ont a flat or smoothish round surface i glued the plug where i want it. Is it going to grow off the plug onto the rock i dont get it...

20191215_150835.jpg

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would grow like the mother colony, either upwards, downwards, or both.
Would eventually cover the plug provided it spreads outwards.
Likely won’t see much for months, but once placed, don’t move it.

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have bone cutters, you can cut the post off and glue the plug on to the rock, it will encrust and grow just fine. Or maybe find another spot where the post is not sticking up so much and the frag plug plate is closer and touching the rock.

OP
OP
ZeroShadez

ZeroShadez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have bone cutters, you can cut the post off and glue the plug on to the rock, it will encrust and grow just fine. Or maybe find another spot where the post is not sticking up so much and the frag plug plate is closer and touching the rock.
I shortened it the best i could to get it as close as possible. I also moved it around alot just today to try to get it the best conditions i could. Is it possible that i killed it in doing so? Its been a few hours and hasnt opened.

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think you killed it from moving it but it’s not going to be happy if it’s moved, especially being new and being moved a lot. If that is the best spot you could find for it, then just leave it be for a while and monitor it. It will eventually open up once it stops getting moved around, gets used to it’s placement and is relatively happy with it.

OP
OP
ZeroShadez

ZeroShadez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think you killed it from moving it but it’s not going to be happy if it’s moved, especially being new and being moved a lot. If that is the best spot you could find for it, then just leave it be for a while and monitor it. It will eventually open up once it stops getting moved around, gets used to it’s placement and is relatively happy with it.
Ok ill do that thank you

Back