is this good for a reef?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chris13115
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chris13115

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2012
Messages
129
Reaction score
1
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef is coming tomorrow and I've never owned one. even though i work with them, i don't know the ideal parameters. is this good?

8.2 ph

10 dkh

460 ppm calcium

0.8 ppm iodine

12 ppm stronium

1.022 specific gravity
 
Since no one has responded I will chime in.

Everything seems good except the Specif Gravity of 1.022. I would aim for 1.025, however, let others chime in as well.

BUMP.
 
dkh is a bit high try for 9. calcium is ok at 460 do not exceed 500 iodine and stronium look good but for a reef tank I run .025 .026 on the salinity.... most importantly check your phosphate do your absolute best to keep it under .15
 
I agree with most of the above posters. bring your Salinity up a bit. also, if you are running something like biopellets or vodka dosing, you should lower the Dkh a bit as it *may lead to burnt tips on your acros. mine is at 8.5 Dkh with 440 ca running EcoBak.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new