Is this good WD 1 month growth?

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, Im just wondering if this is good growth for 1 month? It seems like not alot?

Top pic is October 29
IMG_1024.jpeg

Bottom pic is November 29
IMG_1023.png

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Im just wondering if this is good growth for 1 month? It seems like not alot?

Top pic is October 29
IMG_1024.jpeg

Bottom pic is November 29
IMG_1023.png
Can't judge by one month.
That's like watching paint dry.

Check after 6 months and compare pictures.

Some think the Walt Disney grow slow, some think it grows fast. And my experience it's a fast grower.
This is one year for me.

20220312_140630.jpg 20230428_102242.jpg

formallydehyde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never kept a Walt Disney but it looks like you've gotten significant encrustation and branch extension growth at the base between the two pictures, though it's hard to tell for certain because of how out of focus the top pic is.

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
I think your color is off...par or spectrum? I had mine in 500 par, and it was yellow. I went with around 350 par, and it had blue, yellow, orange, etc.. No green

OP
OP
ThatPhillyReefer

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think your color is off...par or spectrum? I had mine in 500 par, and it was yellow. I went with around 350 par, and it had blue, yellow, orange, etc.. No green
I have it sitting around 375, im running 2 radion xr30 gen 4 pros with 4 t5s. I am looking to boost the intensity of my radions so it’s getting about 400

Ive also been told it looks like an orange passion? Which I can see but It was sold to me as a WD

hunterallen40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for OP. Does not look like a WD to me. That said, the OP is very nice as well, and is also a green tenuis, so it's understandable that one might confuse them...

When I first got mine it did very little for the first year. Then it just exploded. Went from one branch to nine, and those branches have branches now... It's encrusting, and that's a great sign. When you start seeing little shoots off of the encrusted parts, it's likely ready to shoot upward. Just be patient, and keep up the good work.

OP
OP
ThatPhillyReefer

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
+1 for OP. Does not look like a WD to me. That said, the OP is very nice as well, and is also a green tenuis, so it's understandable that one might confuse them...

When I first got mine it did very little for the first year. Then it just exploded. Went from one branch to nine, and those branches have branches now... It's encrusting, and that's a great sign. When you start seeing little shoots off of the encrusted parts, it's likely ready to shoot upward. Just be patient, and keep up the good work.
thats what im thinking the more and more it grows and colors up

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Growth rates will vary from one tank to the next for a variety of reasons. For instance, my WD seems to be a "slow grower." That's because it is in a very high flow portion of my tank and it needs to form a solid foundation before it starts shooting out branches. I've had it for going on 2 years and all that it has done is encrust and the main portion of the frag has grown quite a bit thicker (more than double from when I first got the frag). It's just now starting to send out a few branches. Colors are great and PE is good, so I know it's healthy. It just needs more time.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back