Is this guy bad?

jeharrisonjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 2 of these on this rock i bought at the pet store, they said they are pollips.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360612786948.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360612786948.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 129

grumpy-crab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look alot like aptasia (spelling) if so its bad. It can over run a tank and kill corals and even poison fish. Anyone else think thats what it is?

KYLECT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not polyps, majano. Get rid of it quick, even if it takes getting rid of the rock you just got and question getting anything else from that lfs if they don't know what this is.

stacy_vennes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not a polyp. try aptasia x by red sea you should be able to buy it at any fish store. dont scrub it off while its in your tank. it will only replant itself to another place. aptasia x will not affect your levels too

OP
OP
J

jeharrisonjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There on a really small rock that weighed .11 pounds, but they charged me $5 extra for those guys, kinda irritating.

OP
OP
J

jeharrisonjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i pulled rock, its not worth the risk, thats why i stopped buying live rock and started making my own. Last time i got a baby mantis shrimp that hitch hiked its way in. It ate over $100 dollars in fish and crustations before i figured out what was going on.

grumpy-crab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There on a really small rock that weighed .11 pounds, but they charged me $5 extra for those guys, kinda irritating.

Take it back tell them that its not good idea to lie and take advantage of someone. And i retract my answer its mojano not aptasia. Which is just as bad.

fragmatic

retired reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What else is on that rock? If nothing of value, nuke the rock in hot running tap water. Then leave out outside to dry. Then consider it dirty dry rock and rinse in lots of hot tap water. Then rinse in RODI. Then put it with the rest of your LR rubble to be reseeded. There is no telling what else is on / in that rock. Avoid that LFS in the future unless you are really careful and don't take their word for anything.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back