Is this ICH?

BuddyTheGreat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed these spots on just one of my black storm clowns. I’ve noticed it rubbing itself on the sand bed but not a whole lot. I have a pair of storms and a 6 line wrasse and it seems to just be the one fish that has spots. What is it? What do I do? I don’t want it to die. These are the best photos I could get.
IMG_6916.jpeg
IMG_6919.jpeg
IMG_6920.jpeg
IMG_6921.jpeg

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the spots go away for a short period of time but then return in greater numbers it's probably ich. If the clown begins to get a cloudy like appearance with the spots then it's probably brook.

How long have you had the fish? You will need to set up a QT tank to treat all fish.

OP
OP
B

BuddyTheGreat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the spots go away for a short period of time but then return in greater numbers it's probably ich. If the clown begins to get a cloudy like appearance with the spots then it's probably brook.

How long have you had the fish? You will need to set up a QT tank to treat all fish.
I’ve had the fish for 29 days. What do you mean if the fish gets cloudy?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had the fish for 29 days. What do you mean if the fish gets cloudy?
If his slime coat develops mucous it will look like he is very dusty or cloudy looking. Google clown brook and you will see photos of it. This is a common disease with clown fish although yours doesn't yet show the full symptoms so still possible ich too.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve noticed these spots on just one of my black storm clowns. I’ve noticed it rubbing itself on the sand bed but not a whole lot. I have a pair of storms and a 6 line wrasse and it seems to just be the one fish that has spots. What is it? What do I do? I don’t want it to die. These are the best photos I could get.
IMG_6916.jpeg
IMG_6919.jpeg
IMG_6920.jpeg
IMG_6921.jpeg
These are secondary bacterial lesions associated with brooklynella and will need treatment in a separate treatment tank using ruby rally pro
How are other fish looking and breathing?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say this is ich - the spots on the fins are most commonly seen with ich, while Brooklynella causes a more generalized cloudiness to the skin.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back