Is this Ich?

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a midas blenny with some other fish and inverts that have been inthe tank for about 6 months. I introduced some more snails, a shrimp and a sand sifting goby yesterday evening. The goby gets a copper treatment at my LPS and I did a hydroplex dip with everything too as a extra measure for the inverts I added. I noticed this morning my blenny had a white spot on the side of his body. Its only really visible from an angle other wise it looks more grey or sort of blends in. Hes not acting wierd at all. Ill probably set up a quarintine when I get back from work but does anyone have any ideas if it's ick? Or am I just paranoid lol

Screenshot_20210212-093810_Video Player.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe just scale damage.

jeff williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it’s ick looks a bit big might be a piece of sand of as mentioned above a scale. Keep an eye on him if it’s ick you will see more spots and the spots will drop off in seven days usually as part of their natural life cycle.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Its likely one of two things:

a- Either sand grain, in which if you try to Gently go after fish with net should fall off.

If Not

b- Lymphocystis. Lympho appears on the infected fish as one or more white or beige colored pebble or wart-like nodules most commonly seen on the fins, skin, or gills, although other tissues may be affected. Its viral and not parasitical and with Good water conditions and proper diet along with selcon vitamin added to food will aid in prevention.

OP
OP
Krixic

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it was a sand grain. I woke up this morning and did not see anything. Thanks for the advise!
Its likely one of two things:

a- Either sand grain, in which if you try to Gently go after fish with net should fall off.

If Not

b- Lymphocystis. Lympho appears on the infected fish as one or more white or beige colored pebble or wart-like nodules most commonly seen on the fins, skin, or gills, although other tissues may be affected. Its viral and not parasitical and with Good water conditions and proper diet along with selcon vitamin added to food will aid in preventio

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back