Can any one I'd what is in my coral beauty

PXL_20210402_043508476~2.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too far away to really tell. It could be, but there are other, less serious causes for a single white spot on a fish. Background info is important - how long have you had it? did you quarantine it?

One key diagnostic is a white spot that disappears after 24 to 36 hours and then have spots return, often in greater numbers, is a sign of ich. Spots that stay in the same place for 48 hours aren't ich.

Jay

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be. Otherwise healthy fish can usually fight off ich. I manage it in my tank by running a UV sterilizer 24x7. I tried the Kick Ich/Ruby Reef Rally combo and nearly killed all my coral, so I prefer a non-medicinal approach. There's no harm in using a UV sterilizer and it will help keep the ich at bay, although you'll always have it present. The only real method to eliminate it is to go fallow for 11 weeks.

OP
OP
A

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too far away to really tell. It could be, but there are other, less serious causes for a single white spot on a fish. Background info is important - how long have you had it? did you quarantine it?

One key diagnostic is a white spot that disappears after 24 to 36 hours and then have spots return, often in greater numbers, is a sign of ich. Spots that stay in the same place for 48 hours aren't ich.

Jay
That spot is there for 5-6 days. The fish I bought from divers den I QT only for 1 week and it's been 3 weeks since it's in display . Fish is healthy and eating like a pig and he is the tank boss

OP
OP
A

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be. Otherwise healthy fish can usually fight off ich. I manage it in my tank by running a UV sterilizer 24x7. I tried the Kick Ich/Ruby Reef Rally combo and nearly killed all my coral, so I prefer a non-medicinal approach. There's no harm in using a UV sterilizer and it will help keep the ich at bay, although you'll always have it present. The only real method to eliminate it is to go fallow for 11 weeks.
I added a UV 57watts in my 220 at 700gph

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That spot is there for 5-6 days. The fish I bought from divers den I QT only for 1 week and it's been 3 weeks since it's in display . Fish is healthy and eating like a pig and he is the tank boss
That isn’t ich then - spots from that don’t stay in the same place that long. Now, that doesn’t mean the fish won’t develop some disease at a time in the future, so observe it carefully every day for signs of rapid breathing, lack of appetite and new spots.
Jay

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back