Is this liquid phosphate remover good?

Miami Reef

Reef Chem Enthusiast
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
17,255
Reaction score
29,665
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered it. What’s the safest way to use it? I can’t find any info online. My phosphates are at 1ppm.

I use this and it's absolutely amazing. I use 50% of what the bottle tells me to use and I keep my phosphate right where it needs to be! Follow the directions and then cut in half, is what I would recommend doing. Test, test, and test. Then if you need to up the dosage, you can.
 
Is it lanthanum chloride?

Do some reading on that to get you started.
 
Do I need to dose it into a sock? Won’t it make clumps and release back in water? The instructions say to just dose next to skimmer, but in one shot or slowly?
 
When I first started dosing my 80g, I mixed about 1ml of phosphate-e with about half a gallon of RODI and poured a little bit in every few hours to spread out the dose, into my drain compartment near my skimmer. I don't run filter socks but if I did I would pour it into that. I haven't seen any precipitate from my dosing regimen but if it does you don't want it going into the tank.
As my phosphate level dropped I decreased the dose, usually I do 0.1-0.2ml every other day, on average, and I don't dilute this at all I just put it right into the sump.
So basically, if you're dosing a lot at once I would spread it out and dose it slowly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new