Is this lymphocystis?

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I've had this six line wrasse in a holding pen in my main tank for... gosh at least three weeks now with no signs of any illness, and just today, I check on him and see this white sort of.. patch on his forehead like a raised, bumpy scale. I see no differences in his manner, zippy and active, almost too active to get a picture of, but I scooped him out and separated him regardless.

He's destined for a solo tank, but I need to verify what this is before I tuck him somewhere to spread disease.

I tried to pull pictures from the video showing the dimension and texture.

Fishsick3.jpg
FishSick.jpg
Fishsick2.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey all. I've had this six line wrasse in a holding pen in my main tank for... gosh at least three weeks now with no signs of any illness, and just today, I check on him and see this white sort of.. patch on his forehead like a raised, bumpy scale. I see no differences in his manner, zippy and active, almost too active to get a picture of, but I scooped him out and separated him regardless.

He's destined for a solo tank, but I need to verify what this is before I tuck him somewhere to spread disease.

I tried to pull pictures from the video showing the dimension and texture.

Fishsick3.jpg
FishSick.jpg
Fishsick2.jpg

this is the result of an injury as these fish often dart into and hide in rocks. It should heal on it own but keep an eye on it for infection. May not be bad to have some seachem kanaplex on hand just in case needed

OP
OP
Narideth

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is the result of an injury as these fish often dart into and hide in rocks. It should heal on it own but keep an eye on it for infection. May not be bad to have some seachem kanaplex on hand just in case needed

Ok, whew. I am pretty decently stocked on meds, so I already have some kanaplex, but this is the best answer I could have gotten. What should I keep an eye out for? Lethargy, unusual behaviors etc or will there be visual signs of infection?

Thanks for the help!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ok, whew. I am pretty decently stocked on meds, so I already have some kanaplex, but this is the best answer I could have gotten. What should I keep an eye out for? Lethargy, unusual behaviors etc or will there be visual signs of infection?

Thanks for the help!
Rawness or fleshy appearance will be sign of infection

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This looks like an injury - however - lymphocystis can appear on an injury. I would watch carefully - with a low threshold to treat with antibiotics

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back