Is this new growth or is there a problem

fishbowlsandmore

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2019
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed the other day that the tips of my acro were turning white, not sure if this is growth or if I have a problem I need to take care of. Current levels are alk 8.6 and calc is 475.

15663303501394896943182505576236.jpg
 
15663304885462996518572483571700.jpg

Here is a picture under 14k as well if it is easier to see
 
hard to tell from pictures is there tissue receding on the tips?
 
I do not dose carbon specifically, I feed heavy and use coral aminos and coral vitalizer.
 
hard to tell from pictures is there tissue receding on the tips?
I'm not 100 percent sure if tissue is receding or not. It has good polyp extension most of the day. I had knocked it over before the picture that's why you cant see any polyps though.
 
Also did an ammonia test just to be sure, and it was 0 so it's not that either.
 
Par in that area is somewhere in the range of 250-300 par.
 
Refugeum in sump with kessil h80 lighting at night when the tank is off. As well I use filter socks that I change every couple days to help catch extra food as I feed heavy.
 
Looks like tissue recession to me. Could be from zero no3, led burn, too much flow, or something picking at them. Try moving it to another spot on the frag rack.
 
Difficult to tell from the angle of the pic because it’s taken from the shaded area but the branches on the far left kind of looks like receding tissue & on the upper right too. I think a top view pic under white lights would help show if it’s new growth or dying tissue.
 
Here is the top down picture under white light that was requested, I have also moved it over on the rack so it's not as directly under the light and not right in front of the power head.
20190821_094115.jpg
20190821_094115.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new