Is this normal clownfish behavior?

imanewberry

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
20
Reaction score
31
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I get home from work at night my clownfish goes nuts. I usually feed during the day and he gets fed plenty. He seems like he is all over the place and bumping into the glass but he may just be precisely swimming to each side. This seems a little erratic. Thoughts?
 
For whatever reason I can't view the video, but what you described sounds like normal clownfish behavior. They're weird. Amazing, but still weird.
 
Typical Clownfish swimming, erratic
 
Yeah no video, just audio.

But as above, clownfish do weird things, and your is no more weirder then any other ones.

My old clowns used to pace the front glass whenever I got home and would look in on the tank( I work early morning and feed the tank late evening, so the clowns knew they werent't getting fed at the time). I think they just get used associating me with food, so whenever I'm near the tank they think their going to get fed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new