is this normal for a clownfish i got 3 days ago?

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

is this normal? hes been doing this quickly, ive done 10-50% water changes each day(salinity issues, its now at 1.022) sorry for the chromebook reflection lol

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems normal to me. I have one that spazzed out the first 48-72 hours we had the little guy. Now he is much calmer.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you mean the swimming up and down?

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks, now I see.

It looks stressed. It happens when they are first introduced in a new tank. I couldn’t see the tank too much but is there lots of rocks ? Not that clowns go into rocks, but if the tank is really bare, the clown might feel more insecure.

Keep an eye on it to make sure no disease develops and reduce stress as much as possible. Feeding more often, small portions, will also help reduce stress. Keep your hands out of the tank.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks stressed. Is that a qt tank? Maybe put some pvc or something for him to hide in.
Is the water oxygenated? Is there ammonia in the water?

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks perfectly normal to me. It's new to the tank and doesn't have any structures to hide around or in. Might add something to help it feel more safe.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, now I see.

It looks stressed. It happens when they are first introduced in a new tank. I couldn’t see the tank too much but is there lots of rocks ? Not that clowns go into rocks, but if the tank is really bare, the clown might feel more insecure.

Keep an eye on it to make sure no disease develops and reduce stress as much as possible. Feeding more often, small portions, will also help reduce stress. Keep your hands out of the tank.
soo, thanks, I uploaded this too late tho lol, the clown is now fine XD, and for the rocks, there is only 1 centerpiece rock :D

Schulks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd make sure your surface agitation is good. I make my aquariums surface ripple everywhere but I agree with others. He looks stressed but maybe that is expected with the move. Hopefully he calms down soon. Make sure your water change water is nice and oxygenated too, especially when doing 50% or more.

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
98% of answers to “is this normal behavior for a clown fish?” Is yes it’s just a clown fish being a clown.
lol, I came here to say this.

Mine are 2 years old and only hang around the top right section of the tank. They live in a 100g tank, but probably have not ventured outside of their 6x6x6 inch invisible barrier. They did the same thing in my 20g as well, and was really hoping they would do something more exciting when I moverd them too the 100g.

I love how they look, but they are truely the most boring fish in my tank. To be honest I don’t know know how they eat, lol.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, I came here to say this.

Mine are 2 years old and only hang around the top right section of the tank. They live in a 100g tank, but probably have not ventured outside of their 6x6x6 inch invisible barrier. They did the same thing in my 20g as well, and was really hoping they would do something more exciting when I moverd them too the 100g.

I love how they look, but they are truely the most boring fish in my tank. To be honest I don’t know know how they eat, lol.
Ya, mine were hosted by the return nozzle in the left back corner for a year and a half and then moved into my duncan. They
4D3C11E4-1781-4C3B-AC06-8507B9D0630A.jpeg
are pigs though and go crazy when they food hits the water.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 139 75.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.9%
Back