Is this normal for a monti cap

David cornelius

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2018
Messages
97
Reaction score
67
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this monti cap for 2 months now, all the params are good & stable. Is this coloration normal for a monti cap? Or could this be some type of pest or bleaching spots?
20181022_160021.jpeg
20181022_160030.jpeg
 
Interesting i would have thought a color morph but at closer look it doesn’t look right
 
Almost looks like bacterial. Are you dosing any carbon?
 
Salinity in check?
Nutrient (NO3/PO4) levels okay?
Salinity is at 1.025
Phosphate has fluctuated some due to heavy feedings of penepets to my coral but I am running gfo and phosphates are currently sitting at .14
Nitrate is at 25
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new