Is this normal for carpet anemone?

Court

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This carpet has been in the tank for approximately 3 weeks doing fine, is this normal behavior for a carpet?
image.jpeg

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Treat that guy ASAP. 3 weeks? Do you have a picture of what you call doing fine? Just curious, because they don't go from looking fine to that pic above quickly. Treat it with cipro in a 10 gallon, read up on the treatment, and do 100% water changes every day during treatment. Good luck. Keep us posted!

prhoades2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cipro works, I just finished the treatment on two nems. A "Ritteri" and a Haddoni. They are now both looking incredible. Use a ten gallon as instructed. As for the water changes, change as much as you can, a full 10 every day to start, if possible, but at least 5 gallons per day after the nem has stopped releasing stuff into the water. I also dosed 250 mg. every twelve hours instead of every 24, even knowing that the light breaks it down. My Ritteri now looks amazing, is huge and is even getting glowing tentacle tips at night.

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also looks like a haddoni which like their foot in the and typically. Good luck on treatment. Hopefully it pulls through.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 128 42.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 104 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 48 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%

Back