Is this normal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Y0U
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Y0U

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2026
Messages
63
Reaction score
55
Location
Norfolk
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning reefers,

I would like to know what this is growing or attaching to the back of my display tank. Over the past weeks I’ve been noticing more and more of them. I did scrub at one with a toothbrush and it sort of flaked off without much trouble.

What are these?

Should I do anything about it?


20260529_080711_12C2BE4B-0AE4-4374-9563-F071E30AA9C2.png


20260529_080711_A9160FB0-C9C5-44D0-B71B-60A9093A3156.png


20260529_080712_ED3240FD-4E9F-41B7-99C1-4330F1FDD7C8.png

Thanks in advance
 
Definitely some sort of sedentary gastropod/snail or filter feeding worm. Don’t fret. And also don’t fret if you have to scrape the back glass to clean it at some point as the tank matures. They come off easy and will likely populate back.
 
Looks like fan worm tubes
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new