Is this normal

Michaela.huffman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2019
Messages
70
Reaction score
16
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the small clown today I started off with 2 clowns in the beginning of my tank, but one died I think because of this big ones aggression. So this time I bought some I made sure to get a smaller one so hopefully they would pair up. When I put the new one in I had all the lights off but the big one still goes after the small one. I put the new one in a breeder box so he wouldn’t get torn up anymore. He’s currently missing some fins pieces


because the bigger one is trying to beat the smaller one up. I don’t know what to do they don’t seem to get along. I bought them from live aquaria they are both caramel clowns. The aggression is normally worse that the video I got I guess they were being nice for the camera
 
Is the smaller one currently in the breeder box, or did you let him out?
I let him out to see what would happen. I just put him back because I don’t want him to get torn up anymore
 
I also tried really hard to catch the big one to put in the box so the little one can roam but I just can’t catch the big clown. It knows all the ins and outs of my rock work
 
I would keep him in there until they work things out.
If they don't, I would consider getting rid of one. If you got rid of the big one, you might be able to add another small one.
 
I would keep him in there until they work things out.
If they don't, I would consider getting rid of one. If you got rid of the big one, you might be able to add another small one.
How will I know if I’m able to let the little one out again ? Just trial and error? The little one seems a bit stressed in the box can I do something to make it more comfortAble?
 
Trial and Error mixed with good sense. I wouldn't let him out daily, maybe after 2-3 days.
In regards to comfortability, I am not sure. He may be panicking because he doesn't like to be handled. Hopefully he will calm down after a while.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new