Is this normal?

MadR33fer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finish my workday today close to an lfs nearby so I go in to browse the supplies to see if they had anything I need and ultimately I stop by to check out the fish and coral for a while before I head out. I came across this guy doing what hippo's do best, act weird. But I have to ask, is this normal? I always research my fish purchases and considering I already have a blue hippo did my research I know they like to play dead, sleep in weird places and positions, lay down when startled etc. but usually the main purpose is to hide. Hell, the one I have had over a year still gets spooked by my led's transitioning from blues to blue and whites. It even get's lazy and just about nose dives into a crevasse just to take a quick rest.
I've never seen or read anything about one hiding in plain sight in the front of a tank especially on another fish. Thoughts? Another concern is the early onset of hlle due to the discoloration. I saw a yellow tang AND purple tang completely riddled by it in adjoining tanks (sad sad sight to see). My curiosity has taken over since I saw the fish a week ago displaying "normal" behavior with no discoloration.

2012-04-10_15-52-35_705.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have seen them hide in plain site. It looks so scared! :(

Back