Is this normal?

OneMerissa

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
95
Reaction score
66
Location
Budd Lake
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should my Zoas be so leggy?! Why are they like this??

IMG_2714.jpeg IMG_2713.jpeg
 
Looks like they’re stretching for light
 
They probably want a bit more light. It's ok though. Still normal stretch I wouldn't bother moving them. Some zoas are just like that.
I have some zoas stretching at 200 PAR thinking they're Gnipora, still growing well.
 
Yea my zoas do this even at 250+ PAR.

It kinda makes sense as a growth patter because they can "pack in" more heads if they have longer necks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new