is this ok for water change?

dr_vinnie_boombatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally use food grade buckets from HD, with a "safe with food" label on them... I figure if it's safe for food should be fine. I believe that will be fine because there is an "LDPE" stamp on the bottom. "HDPE" and "LDPE" are fine

Old post from the great @Randy Holmes-Farley in 2016:
HDPE and LDPE are both polyethylene and will not degrade or otherwise be a problem unless someone mixed something unusual into the plastic. Neither are plasticized for folks who worry about that.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the 20 gallon brute. In my experience round containers mix better than square

OP
OP
C

ChrisfromBrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it is filled all the way up, is it really 10 full gallons? I know I am nitpicking here, but garbage bins are not made for water. I question whether that can hold a full 10g

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it is filled all the way up, is it really 10 full gallons? I know I am nitpicking here, but garbage bins are not made for water. I question whether that can hold a full 10g
it can, but if you really want to do 10 gallons at a time, get a bigger container. If you fill it all the way up, the sides will bow out (unless you have a frame or something to support it) and spillage may occur with mixing.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 80 72.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back