is this ok for water change?

I personally use food grade buckets from HD, with a "safe with food" label on them... I figure if it's safe for food should be fine. I believe that will be fine because there is an "LDPE" stamp on the bottom. "HDPE" and "LDPE" are fine

Old post from the great @Randy Holmes-Farley in 2016:
HDPE and LDPE are both polyethylene and will not degrade or otherwise be a problem unless someone mixed something unusual into the plastic. Neither are plasticized for folks who worry about that.
 
Agree with the 20 gallon brute. In my experience round containers mix better than square
 
if it is filled all the way up, is it really 10 full gallons? I know I am nitpicking here, but garbage bins are not made for water. I question whether that can hold a full 10g
 
if it is filled all the way up, is it really 10 full gallons? I know I am nitpicking here, but garbage bins are not made for water. I question whether that can hold a full 10g
it can, but if you really want to do 10 gallons at a time, get a bigger container. If you fill it all the way up, the sides will bow out (unless you have a frame or something to support it) and spillage may occur with mixing.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new