Is this pineapple sponge?

Dayclone

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2024
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Location
Calgary, AB
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone could confirm for me if these are pineapple sponges in my sump?

I've got a Fluval 13.5G nano tank and these guys just started popping up everywhere in the sump. From what I've read, they're filter feeding, mainly eating organics and silicates?

image18779[1].jpg image18781[1].jpg
 
Yup
 
Thank you! should I be removing them? or just leave them?
 
Let them be. Great filter feeders
 
Pineapple sponges are harmless filter feeders in a tank. Perfectly reef safe!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new