Is this safe? Uneven support

Idaho-reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where you also have validation from the vendor that you are covered under warranty and they have confirmed this won’t affect the tank, I would add thicker foam as stated (it won’t just hide the problem) it will equalize the pressure. That’s why rimless ranks require a pad, they won’t be perfect.

Don’t stress and enjoy your investment.

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Most of the ones that were not touching in some area were not touching in one or two of the corners. I could get a credit card under the corners pretty easily. Note, only about 1 out of 3 had a section where I could get a credit card under them.

I feel your frustration about the panel being out of square. I have a sump like that. It bugs me to no end. I cut the glass myself, so it is my fault, but it still bugs me to see it.

I just went to check my 3 120+ gallon tanks. (I didn't build those, but did a panel replacement on one.) I have the same odds as the LFS. 1 of the my 3 has corners that don't touch the foam pad it sits on. I am not concerned at all.
IMG_2770.jpeg
IMG_2771.jpeg

OP
OP
ReefSlice

ReefSlice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Most of the ones that were not touching in some area were not touching in one or two of the corners. I could get a credit card under the corners pretty easily. Note, only about 1 out of 3 had a section where I could get a credit card under them.

I feel your frustration about the panel being out of square. I have a sump like that. It bugs me to no end. I cut the glass myself, so it is my fault, but it still bugs me to see it.

I just went to check my 3 120+ gallon tanks. (I didn't build those, but did a panel replacement on one.) I have the same odds as the LFS. 1 of the my 3 has corners that don't touch the foam pad it sits on. I am not concerned at all.
IMG_2770.jpeg
IMG_2771.jpeg
Thank you so much for taking the time to check that, it means so much to me and makes me feel so much better!

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for taking the time to check that, it means so much to me and makes me feel so much better!
actually have the same problem with my sca 150 pnp i have spent the last 2 months ******* with it trying to get all 4 corners to touch leveling it to no end im about to just fill it up my back left corner and front right dont touch also using 1/4 yoga mat

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back