Is this silicone pad reef safe?

Only way to tell is to find a msds on whats in it but if it is sold by BRS then I am sure it is safe to use. Only issue I see it getting detritus trapped underneath it. But even that is not much of a concern IMO
 
Yes it is reef safe
 
I believe these are sold at bed bath and beyond too (Gxo products are sold there in the kitchen stuff area)
 
Thanks everyone... I looked for the SDS but couldn't find anything....I was concerned that being a kitchen item, it may have some kind of mold inhibitor
 
I do not know if it has mold inhibitors, but I'd guess not based on the high temp stability claim. Most organics will degrade at 425 degrees F.
 
I've been using silicone hot pads to stop skimmer pumps and other pumps in my sumps from vibrating and making noise, for close to 10 years.
 
I just got off the phone with "oxo manufacture" The silicon sink mat is 100% silicon as is Safe to use in the Aquarium. No coatings of any kind. We have a go from the manufacture.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new