Is this sponge?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Elfie22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Elfie22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2022
Messages
1,125
Reaction score
1,221
Location
Denver, CO
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers! I was cleaning my tank last night and noticed my ancantho hasn't been his puffy self lately. When I picked it up I noticed this weird, jelly like substance on its base. Is this sponge and should I clean it off or dip it?

Never seen this before (sorry for the not so awesome pics)!

sponge.jpg
sponge 2.jpg
 
Looks like sponge growth.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new