Is this too cold for my tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Exotrezy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Exotrezy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2024
Messages
795
Reaction score
293
Location
Houston, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just cycled my tank and haven't added any fish yet, would 74.5 be way too cold for a tank?
 
you should be fine, if you live in cold weather would recommended getting a heater to keep temp stable.
 
you should be fine, if you live in cold weather would recommended getting a heater to keep temp stable.
Nope, I live all the way down in Houston, Texas. The weather here rarely even hits 30 degrees during winter. It should be fine right? Or do I need to get a heater? If I do need to get a heater, which heater should I get. I don't really want to spend too much as it is only a 2 - 4 degree difference. I have a 30 gallon 3 ft long tank.
 
Nope, I live all the way down in Houston, Texas. The weather here rarely even hits 30 degrees during winter. It should be fine right? Or do I need to get a heater? If I do need to get a heater, which heater should I get. I don't really want to spend too much as it is only a 2 - 4 degree difference. I have a 30 gallon 3 ft long tank.
70/80 is where you want the temps. but you don't want temp quicky rising or lowering its why a heater keeps this stable. Home a/c can also change temps. I would suggest an amazon Aqueon heater they are good with warranty
 
Nope, I live all the way down in Houston, Texas. The weather here rarely even hits 30 degrees during winter. It should be fine right? Or do I need to get a heater? If I do need to get a heater, which heater should I get. I don't really want to spend too much as it is only a 2 - 4 degree difference. I have a 30 gallon 3 ft long tank.
A heater is the cheapest thing you get for your tank. You need a heater.
 
Yeah I know, it is just that people recommend those $100 heaters with controllers and all that, which I don’t really need.
You want a controller otherwise your heater can get stuck on and then you have fish soup. A $50 device is well worth it in most people's opinion.
 
Sounds like you already made up your mind... I thought you were asking a question?
 
Yeah I know, it is just that people recommend those $100 heaters with controllers and all that, which I don’t really need.
I personally run 2 smaller heaters in two of my systems and three in my expensive system so it can't bake the tank and can't completely fail to heat. I don't run a controller and probably never will. Eheim heaters are cheap and reliable.
 
I personally run 2 smaller heaters in two of my systems and three in my expensive system so it can't bake the tank and can't completely fail to heat. I don't run a controller and probably never will. Eheim heaters are cheap and reliable.
Yeah, I think I will just get a eheim heater or aqueon heater and I should be set, Thanks for the help
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new