Is this torch a goner?

  • Thread starter Thread starter workhz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2021
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
1,317
Location
nova
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed one corner that was retracted with a tiny bit of skeleton showing over the last couple of days. Figured I’d just leave it alone.

This morning and entire head looked bad so decided to dip in some Koral MD and put it on a frag rack away from everything.

Have had it for a year.
Temp 78
Ph 8.3
Alk 8dKh but recently dropped to 7.4 since my kalkwasser tube was crusted mostly shut so the drip was off.
nitrate 3
Pho’s .2
Haven’t test magnesium in a bit and have never had calcium issues.

have a new wrasse that made its home near so not sure if it’s bothering it

at this point do I just try to salvage a head by cutting it or letting it ride.

63AFF64E-C968-4281-910A-D1A7656C0AC6.jpeg A4E0322D-1203-4A77-96E6-29F073F36E84.jpeg 63C64A45-C804-4627-853A-65522E7D6B13.jpeg 66FEB04C-0E05-42A9-BEA2-25B1AA5B137B.jpeg 79FED51D-D4A5-4316-A422-20221311C387.jpeg E8C902AF-BD8C-45D9-A224-AA7BDEDD08F7.jpeg 35F14F24-8FA7-45ED-BDE1-E13259BBE1A6.jpeg
 
Always a possibility. It’s within 6”-8” of a hammer but I’ve never seen the hammer reach that far out. It was also on the sand bed but it’s always been on the sand bed.
 
I don't hold high hopes for that head. It looks like the neck tissue has fully recessed back into the skeleton.

Without knowing the cause, its difficult to treat but lower flow lower light may help.

I Have had heads recover from full recession like this but it is a very slow process.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new