Is this what I think it is....

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this what I think it is found on the underside of one of my forest fire digi's? I'm not even going to say the name in case it is not so I don't get sick to my stomach.

IMG_3562.jpg

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this what I think it is found on the underside of one of my forest fire digi's? I'm not even going to say the name in case it is not so I don't get sick to my stomach.

IMG_3562.jpg
I'm sorry ;Sorry

OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess it was bound to happen at some time, thank you for the input guys (even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear :p ). Learning the hard way dipping isn't a be all end all. I have a yellow coris wrasse and leopard wrasse so hopefully they can at least help a bit. About 50% of all sps in our tank are montis and we have several colonies we have been growing for a few years now, that is the sickening part. Time to get busy dipping I guess.

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess it was bound to happen at some time, thank you for the input guys (even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear :p ). Learning the hard way dipping isn't a be all end all. I have a yellow coris wrasse and leopard wrasse so hopefully they can at least help a bit. About 50% of all sps in our tank are montis and we have several colonies we have been growing for a few years now, that is the sickening part. Time to get busy dipping I guess.
Good luck with the battle!

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep your wrasse stock high! I haven’t really ever dipped, and I’m by no means justifying my practice but fortunately I have overcome flatworm and pyramidellid snail infestationions ( a really really bad one, had 13 clams) by having a half dozen wrasses.

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep your wrasse stock high! I haven’t really ever dipped, and I’m by no means justifying my practice but fortunately I have overcome flatworm and pyramidellid snail infestationions ( a really really bad one, had 13 clams) by having a half dozen wrasses.
I will obviously always advocate for more wrasses, lol

OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through and dipped all the frags of Montis I could with a double dose of Bayer. Cut and remounted everything I could. I didn’t see any more adult nudi’s but I threw out all old bases and tried to minimize eggs by remounting or drastically cutting down in size. Now we wait for a few more days....

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back