Is this what they call a "Rasta Hammer"?

NanoSteam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local LFS chain doesn't have any names listed on their tanks nor do they have employees that know. It's a larger general pet store (not Petco). They list all their corals by rack... i.e all corals on this rack are $90, etc...

This double head hammer was on the $90 rack, The colors caught my eye right away, it's stunning and vibrant in person, I wish the camera would do it justice, it's almost gold? I've been trying to look for the same coloration online but can't find it.

Anyway I did pick it up for $90 and here's a picture. They had a bunch of these along with a few other colorations that I've already purchased from them in the past.

IMG_1377.JPG

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't say anything positive or negative about the Rasta designation status, but I am a firm believer that folks should buy the ones that catch their eye if they think the price is fair and then don't look back. It's verigated in my understanding, btw. I don't know what that means but I recently pruchased a verigated frogspawn (blue and green dots among the spawn) for the same reason and because it was on a discount rack because it was a tiny head from a colony they broke up. I'm gonna grow it out and will keep it as long as I have room for it and then someone else will get the colony or frags depending on the future situation.
Nice gold coloration for sure on that hammer!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back