Is this what they call a "Rasta Hammer"?

NanoSteam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local LFS chain doesn't have any names listed on their tanks nor do they have employees that know. It's a larger general pet store (not Petco). They list all their corals by rack... i.e all corals on this rack are $90, etc...

This double head hammer was on the $90 rack, The colors caught my eye right away, it's stunning and vibrant in person, I wish the camera would do it justice, it's almost gold? I've been trying to look for the same coloration online but can't find it.

Anyway I did pick it up for $90 and here's a picture. They had a bunch of these along with a few other colorations that I've already purchased from them in the past.

IMG_1377.JPG

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't say anything positive or negative about the Rasta designation status, but I am a firm believer that folks should buy the ones that catch their eye if they think the price is fair and then don't look back. It's verigated in my understanding, btw. I don't know what that means but I recently pruchased a verigated frogspawn (blue and green dots among the spawn) for the same reason and because it was on a discount rack because it was a tiny head from a colony they broke up. I'm gonna grow it out and will keep it as long as I have room for it and then someone else will get the colony or frags depending on the future situation.
Nice gold coloration for sure on that hammer!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back