Is this white spot on my fox face?

  • Thread starter Thread starter huthain
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

huthain

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2025
Messages
306
Reaction score
109
Location
Bahrain
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title suggests, am I doomed? What do I do I dont have a QT he seems very healthy, swims, grazes and eats. No unusual behaviour at all
20260131_121013(1).jpg
20260131_121014.jpg
 
Bump. By whitespots I mean ich
 
So the weirdest thing just happened. I saw something looking like dead skin floating on top of the foxface. Whatever those white spots were it was on that piece of dead skin. It got released from him and he ate the dead skin now there isnt a single spot on him.
 
My fox face gets something like this from time to time. They’re usually a little larger than what I think of as ich. Never any other symptoms. They’re usually gone within a day. My cleaner wrasse takes care of them sometimes.
 
So the weirdest thing just happened. I saw something looking like dead skin floating on top of the foxface. Whatever those white spots were it was on that piece of dead skin. It got released from him and he ate the dead skin now there isnt a single spot on him.
I could be wrong but I believe that is a mucus that they shed when they are fighting something.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new