Is this worth it?

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, want to get some insight before I enquire about it.
Unfortunately, my freshwater tanks, a 40 gallon breeder, and two 10 gallon tanks are being phased out, just the fish reaching the end of their lifespans. I don't want to keep the tanks running, I don't enjoy freshwater as much as saltwater, so I've been looking for some deals on Marketplace.

I found this Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25, they're asking $200 aud for it, these tanks RRP are $430 aud. It comes with the skimmer I was going to buy.
The tank is a couple years old, the siliconing seems to be in fine condition, and the tank is currently dry and hasn't been in use for a few months.

Is it worth the risk of a used tank, or should I just spend a bit extra on brand new?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, want to get some insight before I enquire about it.
Unfortunately, my freshwater tanks, a 40 gallon breeder, and two 10 gallon tanks are being phased out, just the fish reaching the end of their lifespans. I don't want to keep the tanks running, I don't enjoy freshwater as much as saltwater, so I've been looking for some deals on Marketplace.

I found this Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25, they're asking $200 aud for it, these tanks RRP are $430 aud. It comes with the skimmer I was going to buy.
The tank is a couple years old, the siliconing seems to be in fine condition, and the tank is currently dry and hasn't been in use for a few months.

Is it worth the risk of a used tank, or should I just spend a bit extra on brand new?
I bought my 125 used. I went to go see if first, the guy still had it up and he was very honest about it and showed me the sump; plumbing and everything about the tank. I would always see it before you buy, but I got an amazing deal on mine so I think its worth a look. Its how I would probably upgrade to a bigger tank in the future

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back