Is wet web media gone?

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I tried to access Bob Fenner's FAQ site, Wet Web Media, only to find that it had been taken down.

I heard about Bob's passing, but since the site was maintained by a whole team, I thought maybe it would continue to be hosted.

Does anyone know what's up? Is it going to reemerge? It was an absolute treasure trove of reefing information. I hope all that knowledge has not been lost.

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bob Fenner, Western Marine Conference 2006

04-22-06_bob_fenner_hot_tub.jpg

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk about a blast from the past! That was my first reef related forum back in the early 00's. I didn't realize Bob passed away.

Worry not, though, the internet archive has plenty of snapshots. Unfortunately, the threads within the forums aren't archived.

OP
OP
C

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk about a blast from the past! That was my first reef related forum back in the early 00's. I didn't realize Bob passed away.

Worry not, though, the internet archive has plenty of snapshots. Unfortunately, the threads within the forums aren't archived.
I too wrote to Bob for advice WAY back in the day.

It's great that the internet archive has the backups, but most people won't use them and that's too bad. Such great info.

I wish there were a static legacy version of the site that was present outside of the archive.

Salty87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wwm site still opens for me folks. Although Im not sure it's the archived version or not. Wow! Just the other day I was recommending wwm to someone new to the hobby on reddit... I did not know Bob passed away. He was the first one who guided me in my earliest attempts at setting up a reef and introduced me to the concept of medicating fish with chloroquine. I still have his book the conscientious marine aquarist. And this was more than a decade ago. His wit and humour was apparent in his correspondence with me even. What a loss to the entire spectrum of this wonderful hobby. He will be missed sorely.

OP
OP
C

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wwm site still opens for me folks. Although Im not sure it's the archived version or not. Wow! Just the other day I was recommending wwm to someone new to the hobby on reddit... I did not know Bob passed away. He was the first one who guided me in my earliest attempts at setting up a reef and introduced me to the concept of medicating fish with chloroquine. I still have his book the conscientious marine aquarist. And this was more than a decade ago. His wit and humour was apparent in his correspondence with me even. What a loss to the entire spectrum of this wonderful hobby. He will be missed sorely.
It was down when this thread was started. I'm so glad it's back.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back