Is Xenia an effect nutrient exporter?

seaplane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious as to where my No3 and PO4 are going. I've never been able to maintain Macro, or even nuisance algae in my BC29 with 20g sump. Been having to dose No3 and PO4 . But, Xenia , which I have in my sump, grows like wildfire. Pic taken after harvesting about twice as much of it, which was about a months growth. Also, situation was the same before adding the Marine Pure block .

fuge2.jpg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, I've seen a couple sumps with an Xenia infestation in there fuge and always wondered if it was worth it. Do you have an issue with them spreading to your DT atall??

OP
OP
seaplane

seaplane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, I've seen a couple sumps with an Xenia infestation in there fuge and always wondered if it was worth it. Do you have an issue with them spreading to your DT atall??
Not really. I had , until 2 days ago, a large colony in the DT, but took it out. Glued over any remnants of it and hoping it doesn't return.

coralfrenzy88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm intrigued...I have recently undertook a new angle in my reef. Went from lps dominated predator reef to a true reef including inverts but my nutrients have been wild and cyano is working it's wonderful magic. Problem is I have also undertook sps and more specifically across. So without really needing to say it nutrients can be bad but if Xenia will export that well I'm in...

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No...was in dt for past 5 years....used rubble to keep in check. Put in the fuge at the beginning of this year i was running outta real estate...lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back