OP
OP
pseudorand

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea if it's good, truth is stranger than fiction. I need me some ******* zoas now. How would you pronounce that one? ;)
R2R bleeped it. But it was like a donkey and then what happens to your windshield when a rock hits it. But it wasn't even spelled that way. I guess Big Brother is listening pretty hard.

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R bleeped it. But it was like a donkey and then what happens to your windshield when a rock hits it. But it wasn't even spelled that way. I guess Big Brother is listening pretty hard.
They always are. My brain thought booty-chip before crack. ;Joyful I'd buy a booty chip zoa as long as it wasn't brown.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post pics of the zoas on this thread and let's see what R2R comes up with!

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Folks can take zoa IDs as seriously as they want. Generally the longer you do this the better feel you have for what something should look like and how it might morph transitioning from the ocean to the aquarium and how it might present under different lighting. That’s why defining characteristics of a strain should be based entirely on immutable traits.

As for the name game, it sucks. There’s no ‘authority control’ (to use a library cataloguing term) to determine name… its just ‘whatever sticks.’ Names, like hornets or kraks, also don’t reflect a direct relation relationship between strains. It’s almost purely subjective. For that reason I always urge people to get comfortable putting zoas in ‘buckets’ of similar strains simply because we don’t need a dozen different names for Green Bay packers.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea if it's good, truth is stranger than fiction. I need me some ******* zoas now. How would you pronounce that one? ;)

20211010_191336.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back