Is Zoa ID an inside joke?

  • Thread starter Thread starter pseudorand
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
No idea if it's good, truth is stranger than fiction. I need me some ******* zoas now. How would you pronounce that one? ;)
R2R bleeped it. But it was like a donkey and then what happens to your windshield when a rock hits it. But it wasn't even spelled that way. I guess Big Brother is listening pretty hard.
 
R2R bleeped it. But it was like a donkey and then what happens to your windshield when a rock hits it. But it wasn't even spelled that way. I guess Big Brother is listening pretty hard.
They always are. My brain thought booty-chip before crack. ;Joyful I'd buy a booty chip zoa as long as it wasn't brown.
 
No idea if it's good, truth is stranger than fiction. I need me some ******* zoas now. How would you pronounce that one? ;)
I have butt Kraks (all the Kraks, actually). Really colorful, cool pattern. Definitely worth having. :)
 
Post pics of the zoas on this thread and let's see what R2R comes up with!
 
Folks can take zoa IDs as seriously as they want. Generally the longer you do this the better feel you have for what something should look like and how it might morph transitioning from the ocean to the aquarium and how it might present under different lighting. That’s why defining characteristics of a strain should be based entirely on immutable traits.

As for the name game, it sucks. There’s no ‘authority control’ (to use a library cataloguing term) to determine name… its just ‘whatever sticks.’ Names, like hornets or kraks, also don’t reflect a direct relation relationship between strains. It’s almost purely subjective. For that reason I always urge people to get comfortable putting zoas in ‘buckets’ of similar strains simply because we don’t need a dozen different names for Green Bay packers.
 
No idea if it's good, truth is stranger than fiction. I need me some ******* zoas now. How would you pronounce that one? ;)

20211010_191336.jpg
 
I hardly care what my zoas or any of my corals are called. All I care is that they grow healthy look pretty and destress me. Industry standards would be cool though…..I guess.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new