Island aquascaping

Saltwatertaylor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I bought two damsels the other day, and now they are attacking my fish. I am so desperate to get them out that I am going to take out all of my LR and my coral. I was wondering if you could all supply me with some minimal island/small cave aquascape!

NewB87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That really sucks! Had the same thing happen to me with my 29g biocube. It was a velvet damsal, he was the only fish but he picked on my corals and shrimp. He probably would of picked on his self if he could of, I had to remove every thing corals rock and all. I had sugar fine sand in it and also removed that when I removed the damsal didn't like the way it blew around. I started at 11:30 pm and finished at 5:30 am lol good thing budlight was on my team.
aefab0f6-fc35-e059.jpg

aefab0f6-fc7a-36e5.jpg

Before
aefab0f6-fc9d-54db.jpg
aefab0f6-fcbb-d86b.jpg

After

aefab0f6-fd2f-178e.jpg
And this is what it looks like now. Hope it goes easy for
You.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing about the mean ones, they usually love to eat. Try feeding from a net, the bugger should swimm right in. Snag him and do what you wish!

OP
OP
S

Saltwatertaylor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried :(. I literally broke my tank down before to get them and I couldn't. This time I will make sure I get them.

NewB87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried the pop bottle trap? It works for %90 of ppl but it didn't work for me. Starve them for about a week and then put it in there 9 times out of 10 it works.

Detroit_306

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know how minimal it is, but here's my islands, I've since moved the donut looking piece to the right and it's a big cave now
IMAG1122.jpg

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back