OP
OP
fnlyreefready

fnlyreefready

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 feet still feels kind of small to me. The extra two feet doesn't sound like a lot, but it can be....

I'll try to hunt up my sources and DM you about what I've found.
You are tanking about almost 1000 gallons of water. Even tanks made specifically for these types of sharks are smaller then what I plan to build Yea it’s not going to be very deep. But I want to be able to peep over it for easy cleaning ( messy eaters) The thing I’m looking at tho is Skimming/water changes. I have a drain in the floor but even to do ten percent you are tanking about running 100 gallons of water out. Crazy

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm talking about the length of the pond, not the width/height. From what I understand about sharks, surface area is far more important than height most of the time. (the 12 feet from the calculation vs the 10 feet you provided). I have no issues with how tall the pond's going to be (aside from being concerned with how you're going to support that much water). Although this is assuming the cat sharks are walking benthic (as opposed to inactive benthic)....

Regarding doing water changes, I've heard that you can buy some salt brands (probably IO) at wholesale price (as of 2015, I think it was 25 USD/box).

I'm also linking the EHM (and its 2007 followup) here as well. Still working on finding those sources.

Attachments

• ElasmobranchHusbandryManual.pdf
    16 MB · Views: 72
  • ElasmobranchHusbandryManualII.pdf
    15.1 MB · Views: 45

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back