Iso of ozone reactor

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any acrylic skimmer would work. Are you going to run ozone as an adjunct, or in excess? If the latter, you should vent the air coming out of the skimmer top through a carbon filter, just to reduce ozone entering the room. I've used facemask carbon cartridges for that. Also, will you be using an air dryer inline prior to the generator? In humid areas, that is pretty important in order to reduce nitric acid production, or damage to the generator.

Jay

OP
OP
D

damianoscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any acrylic skimmer would work. Are you going to run ozone as an adjunct, or in excess? If the latter, you should vent the air coming out of the skimmer top through a carbon filter, just to reduce ozone entering the room. I've used facemask carbon cartridges for that. Also, will you be using an air dryer inline prior to the generator? In humid areas, that is pretty important in order to reduce nitric acid production, or damage to the generator.

Jay
I'm probably going to be running in excess, I set it up from a air pump going to a air dryer to the ozotech generator which I was going to have connected to a ozone reactor then to a carbon for the water and also the air escape, but I guess for now till I get the geo ozone reactor 618 I want im using a icecap k2 120 skimmer on my reefer 750xxl

Rit6942

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run ozone direct to your skimmer......a good one........no carbon is required with ozone if set correctly..........imo if your going to be running carbon........ then why waste time with ozone? Lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back