ISO Peacock Mantis

Stomatopods17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LiveAquaria sells them.

Never trust LA.

Conveniently you can look in Diver's Den right now for a good reason why. There's 8 G. viridis for sale listed as G. Glabrous... which are completely different waters. I got an email saying there's a 9th one today.

Never mind that every O. scyllarus that wasn't diver's den I've been sent was G. ternatensis (this is an unregulated species that should be illegal to poach), and I've emailed them a few times last month when they had G. chiragra listed as O. scyllarus on diver's den as well. They responded and didn't change the listing, I feel sorry for whoever bought them.

____

Only companies I can say with confidence got their ID's correct, at least for O. scyllarus:

- Saltybottomreef

- Bluezooaquatics

- Thatpetplace (not shipping internationally at the moment)

- Anything WYSIWYG so you can ID it yourself (Bluezoo collector's choice, Diver's Den LA which as I've already stated isn't accurate either, Ebay unironically)

Anyone else don't purchase without emailing and getting a picture first and if they refuse wait for someone else. Websites that only list 1 species are kinda a red flag cause companies know you end up with a large variety of them from the Indonesian region even unintentionally, its which companies will sell all they get as O. scyllarus like LA you need to watch for. LFS are a last resort for me cause even mine has ordered O. scyllarus and got sent R. Komaii... and then listed it as O. scyllarus anyways. That's how I ended up with it 2 years back.

1695333085747.png

(image from roy's list, not mine)

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back