ISO Potters angel

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The airlines have you in a tough spot... miss your flight and fight with them, or just board. What are most people going to do? You can always put a styrofoam box in something more firm and check it with a heat pack and all of that. If you think that FexEx or UPS treats your packages any better, you are living in a fantasy world... they all deliver packages like Ace Ventura.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The airlines have you in a tough spot... miss your flight and fight with them, or just board. What are most people going to do? You can always put a styrofoam box in something more firm and check it with a heat pack and all of that. If you think that FexEx or UPS treats your packages any better, you are living in a fantasy world... they all deliver packages like Ace Ventura.
I would certainly check official airline policy and get a written clarification on that too. Plenty of people fly home from reef conferences with corals. This sounds like an instance of an airline not understanding a local law and trying to cover themselves.

Should be possible to get written clarification from both the airline and the local government and make this all work. I'd still plan to get to the airport hours ahead of schedule.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flying from Hawaii is just more complicated then within the states as airlines are probably paranoid. Flying from a reef conference would be less worrisome.

I found the thread. United claimed hermit crabs and snails were pets and not allowed.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flying from Hawaii is just more complicated then within the states as airlines are probably paranoid. Flying from a reef conference would be less worrisome.

I found the thread. United claimed hermit crabs and snails were pets and not allowed.

I was just re-reading this too. I would still totally try it, if I had written clarification from the airline. It's also totally possible to check the box and have it travel in the belly of the plane. It sounds like that was the fact that it was in-cabin that they objected to.

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would certainly check official airline policy and get a written clarification on that too. Plenty of people fly home from reef conferences with corals. This sounds like an instance of an airline not understanding a local law and trying to cover themselves.

Should be possible to get written clarification from both the airline and the local government and make this all work. I'd still plan to get to the airport hours ahead of schedule.
Yes. If this is United policy then it is a new one. I took fish and coral on a United flight a few years ago from Colorado.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just re-reading this too. I would still totally try it, if I had written clarification from the airline. It's also totally possible to check the box and have it travel in the belly of the plane. It sounds like that was the fact that it was in-cabin that they objected to.

Maybe. A previous poster said their checked stuff got taken on a prior flight. I give it all 50/50.

Airlines can really be a *****!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not saying don’t try it if you going anyways. Just expect disappointment :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 114 81.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back