Isochrysis galbana culturing Temperature

  • Thread starter Thread starter Piker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Piker

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2018
Messages
164
Reaction score
65
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

So I've recieved a culture of T-ISO i'm starting to culture, and was assuming I could follow the same process as Nanno and tetra phytoplankton.

After looking at a few spec sheets it seems I may be wrong. It looks like it prefers colder temps 53 degrees and higher salinity 1.026. Is anyone culturing This phyto successfully at warmer temps? My culture room is like 78 degrees. If you can, help quick please do!

I plan on using this for parvo copepods I will recieve next week.

Thanks
 
I culture it at room temp in my basement which is about 68-70. Sorry I can't help more on the temp. I have had less than 30 ppt up to 35 ppt and it seems to do fine, so I guess you should be okay in that range of salinity. Good luck
 
I've cultured some in sunlight from a window. It got warm to the touch. Definitely works above room temp.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new