Isolating Melanurus Wrasse with NO sand bed?

Subnautica

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2019
Messages
588
Reaction score
486
Location
Phoenix, AZ
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a fairy wrasse and my old melanurus was harrassing him, so I've isolated the melanurus in a breeding/acclimation box. but the problem is, this box has holes all over the place so I can't put sand in there for him to sleep in. I plan to keep him in there for 2 weeks or so. Would it be fine for him and what should I do?
 
Last edited:
I just got a fairy wrasse and my old melanurus was harrassing him, so I've isolated the melanurus in a breeding box. but the problem is, this box has holes all over the place so I can't put sand in there for him to sleep in. I plan to keep him in there for 2 weeks or so. Would it be fine for him and what should I do?
If you can put a little plastic container with sand in it, that might help.
 
If you can put a little plastic container with sand in it, that might help.
Ya, try to figure out a way to add some sand. My Melanurus would go crazy without sand.
 
Thanks guys. Luckily my mom has a tupperware available. This breeding box is kinda small for him so I'm worried if he'd be comfortable for 2 weeks or so.
20230910_190843.jpg


20230910_190126.jpg
 
Last edited:
Thanks guys. Luckily my mom has a tupperware available. This breeding box is kinda small for him so I'm worried if he'd be comfortable for 2 weeks or so.

20230910_190126.jpg
Thats perfect! Good luck
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new