Issue with calcium powder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mr.Fishtank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just mixed up 1kg for 1.8 lts of rodi water and the mix is a tan color. It has been sitting for a few hrs now and is still tan. Is this an issue? I had similar issues with the AF calcium leaving a brown/tan residue only at the bottom of the dosing container after mixing. Some folks said they had the same issue with AF but used it anyway without issues. I didn't feel comfortable using it so I stopped. Anyone else have this happen and if so what did you do? Use it or not?

Hopefully Redsea would chime in and let us know what is going on with the calcium.

OP
OP
Mr.Fishtank

Mr.Fishtank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mag crystals also will not dissolve. Placed the jug in hot water for a few hrs with no difference. When to the extreme and diluted it 100% in boiling rodi water and mixed the crap out of it. Let it sit for a couple hrs but still will not fully dissolve. What am I doing wrong?

nrupaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mag crystals also will not dissolve. Placed the jug in hot water for a few hrs with no difference. When to the extreme and diluted it 100% in boiling rodi water and mixed the crap out of it. Let it sit for a couple hrs but still will not fully dissolve. What am I doing wrong?
You're not doing anything wrong. Issue with Red Sea's dry supplements is that both Cal and Mag, after mixing, end up with additives (Cal has tan additives, and mag has white colored) settling at the bottom. Now the struggle is that you'd have to shake up th jug before measuring out a daily dose and manually dosing it. it seems that these supplements aren't made like the BRS ones which you can mix and hook up to an auto dosing pump

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back