Issue with my weeping willow?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigDom75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BigDom75

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Location
McKinney
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this for about a month. It usually closes its polyps right when the lights come on, but then opens back up. I noticed the brown layer around the bottom, I usually dont see this because its always open. Is this just algae, I am in the middle of my ugly phase, or is this melting? I have never seen it closed this long. The other corals in the tank are all looking great.

20260701_130437.jpg 20260701_131041.jpg
 
How is the flow on it? Leathers love flow and can close up and fold over if not enough flow. Can you also advise your parameters and type of lighting?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new