Issue with zoas

Netta Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i would wait to hear from the company and to see what the results of your tests are....hope everything turns out well

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i would wait to hear from the company and to see what the results of your tests are....hope everything turns out well

If all results turn out fine, I am going to assume it is just the light playing tricks on my eyes. If I don't hear back from seachem tomorrow, I will be calling them.

Netta Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all results turn out fine, I am going to assume it is just the light playing tricks on my eyes. If I don't hear back from seachem tomorrow, I will be calling them.
yeah thats a good idea.. what color bucket is the new water in? just asking becuase something a stained bucket will play tricks on you

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah thats a good idea.. what color bucket is the new water in? just asking becuase something a stained bucket will play tricks on you

Grey Lowes bucket. The water is clear before I make saltwater. Another theory I have been working on is the salt not being completely mixed.

Netta Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grey Lowes bucket. The water is clear before I make saltwater. Another theory I have been working on is the salt not being completely mixed.
it is a possibility.. if possible use a small pump a heat and definitely an aerator with a stone to ensure total mixing also watch the temperature the water is and when using your hydrometer warm and cold water will have the same amount of salt but different specific gravities

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is a possibility.. if possible use a small pump a heat and definitely an aerator with a stone to ensure total mixing also watch the temperature the water is and when using your hydrometer warm and cold water will have the same amount of salt but different specific gravities

I use an evo 1400 to mix salt in a 5 gallon bucket and mix the water for 2-3 hours.

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Params:

SG: 1.024
Ammo: 0
Trite: 0
Trate: 0-5ppm
pH: 7.7 Doh!!!
Ca: 420
Cu: 0
mag: 1280

I got a reply about the salt from Seachem. They said that the way I clean ro/di buckets after each use could be causing the yellow water. They may be right, I noticed some film/dust settled on the bottom of the buckets.

Netta Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Params:

SG: 1.024
Ammo: 0
Trite: 0
Trate: 0-5ppm
pH: 7.7 Doh!!!
Ca: 420
Cu: 0
mag: 1280

I got a reply about the salt from Seachem. They said that the way I clean ro/di buckets after each use could be causing the yellow water. They may be right, I noticed some film/dust settled on the bottom of the buckets.
your ph is the problem you should check your alk too. what did they say about the cleaning? just that the bucket was dirty?

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your ph is the problem you should check your alk too. what did they say about the cleaning? just that the bucket was dirty?

pH was addressed right away. I couldn't find the Alk test though. They said that odds were the soot in the buckets was causing the discoloration and to give the buckets an acid wash. Dry the buckets and make a new batch.

Netta Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pH was addressed right away. I couldn't find the Alk test though. They said that odds were the soot in the buckets was causing the discoloration and to give the buckets an acid wash. Dry the buckets and make a new batch.
got ya... watch adjusting the ph i use marine buffer one time and it cause my alk to go through the roof

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back