Issues acclimating zoas to new leds

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah my nutrients are low so i give focus feed live phyto everyday, reef roids 2x a week, and feed my fish 3x a day of either cyclopeze or pellets. Should i feed more?

If you feed life that and maintain 0 nutrients, I'd give it a whirl... jyst keep up with testing the day after feeding to make sure you don't make them jump up all I'd a sudden. Toss in a pinch of flakes as they generally contain the most po4 of tee foods we use.

OP
OP
Mariners

Mariners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is the setting i eventually want see pic. So i put the reduction at 70% and set the end date for 3 months--see pic. If i do the math then in a 90 day period, the starting pt of my blue (30% of 90) is 27. Over that 90 days or 12 weeks, the % output will increase by 4.9 so after week 1, my blue will go from 27 to 32 then 37 by end of week 2. Is this feasible or should i stretch this out to 4 months instead or is my final expectation of violets at 80, blues and royals at 90 unrealistic.

Btw that 3rd pic of schedule has 1 hr start ramp time and 4 hrs peak and 2 hr deramp end time.

IMG_1917.PNG

IMG_1919.PNG

IMG_1918.PNG

Deniss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your phosphate at 0 is not good, when my phosphate was at 0 some zoa's were unhappy.
I would try to get your nutrients right, then go on with the lighting.

OP
OP
Mariners

Mariners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, maybe ill up my reef roids up a bit from 1x a week to 2x a week. I usually add in live phytoplanton and coral amino everyday but maybe i should lower the amount of rowaphos used.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back