It’s been a minute...

NickTheIrish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone!
Back when I was in High School (over 20 years ago), I got into the saltwater tank hobby! While I loved it, I never had the money to really delve too deeply into it, but I made due. Before I had to give up the hobby (moving across the country), I was limited to fish only.
Now, I have a three and-a-half year old son that LOVES fish! So, my wife and I purchased him a saltwater fish tank for Christmas. Er—Santa did...rather....
Anyway, I set it up for him Christmas Eve, and am trying to learn / re learn the world of saltwater fish tanks, with an ultimate goal of incorporating coral into the tank, once I know what I am doing, so as to minimize the casualties.
The tank is a 32.5 gallon Fluval bow-front. I have live rock, live sand, four damsals, several hermit crabs, a few snails (turbo, margarita, nassarial) and one starfish.
I apologize for my n00b questions in advance, and am excited to learn from my piers (sea-pun INTENDED)!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Jay Norris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone!
Back when I was in High School (over 20 years ago), I got into the saltwater tank hobby! While I loved it, I never had the money to really delve too deeply into it, but I made due. Before I had to give up the hobby (moving across the country), I was limited to fish only.
Now, I have a three and-a-half year old son that LOVES fish! So, my wife and I purchased him a saltwater fish tank for Christmas. Er—Santa did...rather....
Anyway, I set it up for him Christmas Eve, and am trying to learn / re learn the world of saltwater fish tanks, with an ultimate goal of incorporating coral into the tank, once I know what I am doing, so as to minimize the casualties.
The tank is a 32.5 gallon Fluval bow-front. I have live rock, live sand, four damsals, several hermit crabs, a few snails (turbo, margarita, nassarial) and one starfish.
I apologize for my n00b questions in advance, and am excited to learn from my piers (sea-pun INTENDED)!
Welcome to R2R, and good luck with your new system.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back